An incredibly easy and delicious recipe for lettuce wraps. Hoisin sauce gives these ground chicken lettuce wraps lots of flavor and the rice and water chestnuts adds texture. Get a whole head of lettuce ready because you’re not going to want to stop eating these chicken lettuce wraps!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce (you can find this in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- For serving: butter lettuce leaves, diced green onions and sriracha
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl the oil around the pot. Add in the ground chicken and break up with a wooden spoon. Brown the ground chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, garlic powder, chicken broth, hoisin, soy sauce, rice and water chestnuts. Stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. Once the time is up let the pot sit there for 10 more minutes (the display will read L0:10). Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir a bit. Prepare the lettuce leaves and green onions.
- Scoop a bit of the chicken mixture down the middle of a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with green onion and, if you like a little kick, drizzle a tiny bit of sriracha on top of each lettuce wrap.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Can be gluten free: Dynasty brand Hoison sauce, or Haixian sauce, is gluten-free. Others may contain gluten so be sure to check. Replace soy sauce with Tamari sauce that is labeled gluten-free.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian