An easy one pot recipe for cheesy chili mac made with tender bites of chicken and two kinds of beans. A perfect easy weeknight meal and it’s made in a jiffy in your electric pressure cooker.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into the size of tenders)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Kidney Chili Beans, with juice
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Pinto Chili Beans, with juice
- 10 oz dry macaroni noodles
- 1 (8 0z) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and add in the chicken broth. While the broth is heating up prepare your onions and the rest of your ingredients (the hot broth will help the pot get to pressure quicker). Add chicken, onion, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, kidney chili beans, pinto chili beans and macaroni into the Instant Pot. Turn off the saute setting.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When the 4 minutes is up let the pot sit there for an additional 5 minutes (display will read L0:05) and then move the valve to venting. Once you can, remove the lid.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces or shred it. Stir in the tomato sauce, sharp cheddar and the parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Make sure to use chili beans (they have flavor and seasonings) and not just a can of regular kidney and pinto beans.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Double check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Substitute noodles for GF noodles and decrease cook time by 1 minute.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 38 g