Brown rice is topped with a savory asian-inspired sauce, tender pieces of chicken and bright green, barely cooked broccoli florets.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine the chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic powder in the Instant Pot. Whisk well. Add in the chicken.
- Secure the lid. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the timer on the manual function to 18 minutes (for chicken thighs) and 15 minutes (for chicken breasts). When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then remove the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Open the Instant Pot and remove the chicken to a cutting board. Shred or cut the chicken into pieces.
- In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to “saute” and let the sauce thicken. As the sauce is thickening stir in the frozen vegetables. When sauce is thickened and vegetables are warmed through stir the chicken back into the Instant Pot.
- Serve chicken, sauce and vegetables over hot cooked rice.
You can mix and match the starch and the vegetables. For example, I served the chicken and broccoli over brown rice but you can serve it over white rice or quinoa instead. I used a package of frozen broccoli but I was thinking how delicious a bag of stir fry vegetables would taste with this. You could also try plain peas or cauliflower or whatever you like as well.
- Method: Instant Pot