Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is like chicken wild rice soup, but in casserole form. Plus it’s made in your Instant Pot so there is only one dirty pot to clean and it takes less time to cook.
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is fine) or bone-in chicken pieces
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (4 oz) jar pimientos, drained
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Turn the Instant Pot on the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around until melted. Add in the diced onion, mushrooms and ½ tsp salt and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the saute setting. Stir in the chicken broth and scrape off the bottom of the pot if there is anything sticking. Sprinkle in the rice evenly. Place the chicken evenly over the top of the rice. Sprinkle ¼ tsp pepper and 1 tsp salt evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 10-15 extra minutes and then release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the pimientos, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and almonds.
- If needs be, add salt and pepper. If it needs thickening, make a cornstarch slurry with 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and 1 Tbsp of water and then stir the mixture into the pot and turn the the pot to the saute setting until it has thickened. Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in a 3 quart pot or an 8 quart pot.
I would use thick chicken breasts if you are going to use them. Preferably I would use thighs or bone-in chicken. I used a combination of breasts and thighs.
Pin this recipe for later: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/153896512255944112/
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot