An easy dump and go meal of seasoned chicken and tender potatoes. Throw in some baby carrots or cauliflower florets if you’d like too.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp dry ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks or chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/4 pounds baby red and gold potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large bowl stir together the olive oil, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, ranch dressing mix and kosher salt. Add in the chicken and potatoes and toss until they are coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Pour 1 cup chicken broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot liner. Then add the potatoes and chicken into the pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Scoop chicken and potatoes onto serving dishes and enjoy!
You can add in carrots or cauliflower florets too. Reduce amount of potatoes to compensate for the amount of vegetables you add in or you may need to increase seasonings a bit.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Slow cooker directions: For the crockpot version use whole chicken breasts or thighs instead of cutting them up into chunks. You can also use bone-in chicken pieces successfully. In your crockpot stir together the olive oil, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, ranch dressing mix and kosher salt. Add in the chicken and potatoes and toss until they are coated with the oil and seasonings. Pour in the chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot