The easiest recipe ever. With just four ingredients and your pressure cooker this is a perfect meal to make when you’re busy but still want to put dinner on the table! Kids and adults alike love this creamy penne pasta and will be asking for seconds.
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (raw or cooked)
- 1 (16 oz) box penne pasta (I used whole wheat)
- 1 (16 oz) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (16 oz) jar picante sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- Turn your instant pot to the saute setting so it can start heating up while you add the ingredients into it. Add in your water. Then add in the chicken pieces. Pour in the penne, alfredo and half of the picante sauce. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up, move the lid to venting and let the pressure release. Open the pot and stir in the other half of the picante sauce.
- If there is too much liquid in the pasta you can turn the pot to saute and stir in a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp of water and stir until smooth. Add the mixture into the Instant Pot and the sauce will thicken up instantly.
- Scoop the pasta into bowls and enjoy. You can top it with some parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs because they are more moist and tender. If you want you can use chicken breasts instead. They just won’t be as tender.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 857 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Protein: 21 g