Cheesy, meaty and hearty this Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Rice has lots of flavor from corn, picante sauce, tomatoes, beef, brown rice and cheese. This recipe will quickly become a weeknight favorite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup picante sauce (I used mild)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef. Break up* the ground beef. Add in 1 Tbsp of the taco seasoning. Brown the ground beef for 5 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Turn off the saute setting.
- Pour the broth on top of the beef. Sprinkle the rice evenly over the ground beef and broth. Don’t stir. Sprinkle the remaining 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning on top of the rice. Layer the picante sauce and frozen corn on top.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle in the cheese, tomato and cilantro. Stir.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy.
You can also make this with long grain white rice. Use 1 cup of rice and 1 ½ cups broth. Pressure cook for 4 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
To make gluten free: make sure your broth and taco seasoning are gluten free.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican