A one-pot recipe for rice, smoked sausage, tomatoes and cheese that comes together quickly with your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (fire roasted tomatoes are a good choice!)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced (larger pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and onion. Saute for about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Add the sausage, tomatoes, cayenne, salt, pepper, butter and green pepper on top, do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Add in the cheese and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot