A hearty soup with beef, potatoes and cheese. A perfect supper for your hungry cowboys and cowgirls!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 small to medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 (15 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16 oz) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (2.5 oz) package bacon crumbles (optional)
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Let the beef brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the bouillon, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, potatoes, corn, black beans, green chiles and diced tomatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and Velveeta until it has completely melted. Add in half of the bacon crumbles.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle a few bacon crumbles onto top of each bowl of soup.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot