A lightened up, easy pressure cooker version of a favorite casserole. This version uses brown rice and for the creaminess it uses greek yogurt instead of cream of chicken soup.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. Use the adjust button to turn the heat to the normal heat (the middle setting). Add butter to the pot. When the butter is melted add in the onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Add in the garlic cloves and saute for one additional minute.
- Add in the chicken broth, brown rice, salt and pepper. Stir. Nestle the chicken into the pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual (pressure cook on high pressure) button and set the timer to 22 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pot sit there for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and stir a bit. Use the spoon to break up the chicken into small bite size chunks. Place the contents of the broccoli package into a colander and run hot water over the broccoli. Add the broccoli into the Instant Pot and stir. Stir in the Greek yogurt. Taste test and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and let it melt for a couple of minutes.
- Scoop the casserole onto plates and enjoy.
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of contents
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Sodium: 610 mg
- Fat: 22 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24 grams
- Protein: 35 grams