Lentils and chicken are pressure cooked with green salsa and black beans to make a creamy one pot dinner. Top it with cheddar, sour cream, cilantro and crunched up tortilla chips for the ultimate Mexican meal.
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (can use frozen)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde (I used mild)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, cilantro and sour cream, for serving
- Add lentils, broth, chicken, cumin, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, salsa verde and beans into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 13 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Open the pot.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a cutting board. Shred the chicken*. Stir it back into the pot.
- Stir the cheese into the pot.
- Serve lentils and chicken plain, in tortillas, as a dip with tortilla chips, or put it over rice or even quinoa. Top with tortilla chips, cilantro and sour cream.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: dump and go, instant pot