Tender cubed potatoes tossed in seasonings with bacon, green pepper, onions and cheese. Perfect for breakfast (or dinner)!
- 1/2 of one medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced or cut into slices
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add onions to bottom of steamer basket and top with the potatoes. Place in the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes for firm potatoes or 4 potatoes for soft potatoes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid and steamer basket. Dump out the water and dry out the Instant Pot liner.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says hot add in the bacon pieces and cook until crispy. Move bacon out of the Instant Pot to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add bell pepper into pot with the bacon grease and sauté until softened. Add in the potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss well so that potatoes are coated in seasonings. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot