Savory cheese sauce with broccoli and chicken that tastes amazing ladled over rice.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cup warmed milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Place chicken into bottom of pot. Sprinkle the chicken with kosher salt, pepper, olive oil and Italian seasoning.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes for fresh chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken. When time is up let the pressure release naturally. Remove the lid.
- Move chicken to a cutting board and shred or chop.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together the butter and flour until smooth and creamy. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot with the broth. Once it starts to thicken slowly whisk in the milk. Then whisk in the garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard and hot sauce. Let the mixture bubble and thicken.
- Stir in the broccoli and continue stirring until it is heated through.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Stir in the cheddar and let it melt. Stir in the chicken.
- Serve the chicken, broccoli and sauce over rice, baked potatoes, cauliflower rice or egg noodles.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot