A hearty taco-seasoned ground beef and biscuit casserole that will keep you full and ready to work all day long!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1–3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup converted rice or long grained white rice
- 1/2 cup Pace’s Picante Sauce (mild or medium)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz) can mild green chiles
- 1 (8 oz) small tube of Pillsbury original crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. If there is excess grease, drain it off. Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning. Taste test and add more seasoning to taste. Different taco seasonings have different potency levels.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice, don’t stir. Spoon picante sauce over the top of the rice.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Turn off Instant Pot.
- In a bowl stir together the sour cream, mayo and green chiles.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the top of the Instant Pot contents.
- Open the package of crescent rolls and unroll them to lay the dough flat over the top of sour cream mixture. Some portions of the dough will overlap but mostly it should be in one layer.
- Place air fryer lid on the top of Instant Pot liner. Cook for 8-9 minutes at 325° F, or until rolls are browned on top and cooked through. Sprinkle the cheese on the top and then use air fryer lid for 1 more minute to melt the cheese. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can bake the crescent rolls separately in the oven according to directions on package.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid