Pasta with chunks of chicken, bites of andouille sausage, bell peppers, creamy sauce and cajun seasoning.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2–3 tsp cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles, uncooked (you can also use penne, cavatappi, bowties, etc)
- 3 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) package pre-cooked cajun andouille sausage, sliced into quarter inch slices
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and swirl it around. Then add in the onion. Saute for about 3-4 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Turn off the instant Pot.
- Stir in the chicken chunks and 1 teaspoon of the cajun seasoning. Stir to coat the chicken in the seasoning.
- Add in the pasta noodles. You can use many different kinds. If you use a spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine noodles then you’ll want to break the noodles in half and lay them in a criss cross pattern so they don’t all clump together. Pour the broth over the noodles, trying to submerge as much as possible. Sprinkle the rest of the cajun seasoning on top (see note). Then lay the sausage in an even layer of the top of the pasta. Plop the cream cheese on top of the sausage (no need to break it up, just leave it in a brick).
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual or pressure cook button to 3 minutes (for spaghetti) or 4 minutes (for other types of noodles). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Stir the cream cheese into the pasta. Stir in the peppers. Cover the pot and just let it sit for 5 more minutes to let the peppers soften up a bit. Add in more seasoning, if needed.
- Scoop onto serving plates and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
I used 2 tsp of cajun seasoning. You can use more if you want a little more kick.
This recipe makes a lot! You can easily halve the recipe. Halve all the ingredients and keep the pressure cooking time the same.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cajun