- 1 cup dry black beans (rinse them in a colander and pick out any rocks/dirt)?
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- 2 Tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Red wine vinegar, to taste
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot except the red wine vinegar.
- Cover and turn the valve to sealing. Press manual and push the timer to 23 minutes (if your beans are older you may want to cook for 25 minutes and if your beans are soaked you can cook for 15 minutes).
- When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes or so and then press the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and add in some red wine vinegar to taste. I added in a couple tablespoons.
- Serve on salads, with rice, or with Mexican food. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.