The most delicious Indian spiced, crispy roasted potatoes. Use your Instant Pot to speed up the process!
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Place the potatoes into a steamer basket.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the steamer basket and set aside. Dump out the water and dry the bottom of the pot. Pour the potatoes into the Instant Pot liner. Add in the salt, turmeric, ground mustard, garam masala and oil. Toss well so that potatoes are coated.
- Scrape the potatoes onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turn halfway through the cooking time. The potatoes will be nice and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Double the recipe to feed more mouths. Double all ingredients and keep same cooking time. No need to double the amount of water below the steamer basket.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven