This is a version of the recipe above but it has less processed ingredients.
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 Tbsp non fat dried powdered milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp better than bouillon beef base
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried onion
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Add the beef to the Instant Pot. Stir in the powdered milk, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, beef base, pepper, basil, parsley, dried onion and water. Add in the mushrooms.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and stir in the worcestershire sauce. In a small bowl stir together the sour cream and the flour. Stir the contents of the bowl into the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve the beef, mushrooms and sauce over the noodles and garnish with green onions.
- Method: Instant Pot