A super easy recipe for beef and mushrooms with a zippy sour cream sauce made quickly in the pressure cooker.
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat (or 1 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast cut into bite size cubes)
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- Hot, cooked egg noodles
- Diced green onions, for garnish
- Add stew meat, mushrooms, mushroom soup, onion soup mix and water to the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and stir in the worcestershire sauce. In a small bowl stir together the sour cream and the flour. Stir the contents of the bowl into the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the beef, mushrooms and sauce over the noodles. Garnish with green onions.
- Method: Instant Pot