Ground beef with Rotel and tomatoes, egg noodles, sour cream and cheese. A random combination that tastes so good all together. Try making this casserole all in one pot, your Instant Pot. Easy dinner and easy clean up!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1–2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break up. Drain excess grease. Stir in the kosher salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the egg noodles. Dump the tomatoes, Rotel and tomato paste evenly over the top of the noodles. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir the sour cream and the cornstarch together. This will prevent the sour cream from separating. Spoon the sour cream over the top on the noodles and spread into a layer. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Use an air fryer lid on bake setting at 350° F for 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the sour cream layer.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid