Flavorful, seasoned beef chuck roast (that shreds like a dream) is piled on rice and then topped with salsa, corn, sour cream and guacamole.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 ½ pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (canned)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
Burrito bowls topping ideas:
- Hot cooked rice (I used brown rice)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Black beans, rinsed and drained
- Sweet corn
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Grated cheese
- Diced red onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and let it heat up.
- Cut your roast into 6 equal size pieces. Cut off all excess fat and silver skin. Use a paper towel to pat the roast dry. Sprinkle the kosher salt and pepper all over the meat and use your fingers to press it into the meat.
- When the display on the Instant Pot says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Use tongs to place each piece of meat in the bottom of the Instant Pot so that each piece is touching the bottom of the pot. Let the meat sit there and sizzle and brown for 5 minutes. Use tongs to turn the meat over and let it brown on the other side for 5 minutes.
- While the meat is browning add the beef broth, chipotle chilies, garlic, cumin, oregano and ground cloves to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Scrape off any bits on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Turn off the Instant Pot saute setting. Add in the mixture from the blender. Add in the bay leaves. Cover the Instant Pot and press the manual/pressure cook button. Adjust the time to 60 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- When the time is up let the pot sit and release the pressure naturally. Remove the lid and place the beef on a cutting board. Discard the bay leaves. Shred the meat and return it to the juices in the pot. Add in the lime juice.
- Use a slotted spoon to strain off juices from meat and then serve over the top of rice. Top with desired burrito bowl toppings.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes (plus NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican