A low carb Instant Pot version of bang bang chicken. It’s got all that delicious flavor that you love from bang bang sauce but it’s not breaded and fried. It tastes great served over cauliflower rice.
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cayenne (or smoked paprika for milder version)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the bang bang sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 1–2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2–1 tsp cayenne pepper (or smoked paprika for milder version)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pour chicken broth or water into Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite size pieces (discard excess fat). Add them into a large Ziploc bag. Toss in the cayenne or smoked paprika and the kosher salt. Zip up the bag and shake well so that the chicken pieces are coated.
- Pour the chicken into the steamer basket.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- While the chicken is cooking whisk together all the bang bang sauce ingredients. Cover and put in the refrigerator.
- Once the chicken is done cooking remove the steamer basket from the Instant Pot. Discard the water/broth. Toss the chicken in with the bang bang sauce and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
If you want a milder bang bang sauce use the 1 tsp of sriracha and ½ tsp of smoked paprika. If you like it spicier than use 2 tsp of sriracha and 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot