Make fluffy, moist baked potatoes in your Instant Pot without foil and in just a few minutes!
- Desired number of Idaho russet potatoes (you can fit up to about 15 medium size russet potatoes in the 6 quart Instant Pot)
- 1 ½ cups water
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of your Instant Pot liner. Place a trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot liner.
- Wash the potatoes and poke each one about 6 times with a fork. Line up the potatoes vertically in your Instant Pot (see picture above). Then lay any extra potatoes on top.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes (if your potatoes are HUGE you may need more time but 25 minutes should be enough for most potatoes).
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-15 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Optional step: If you like a crispy skin rub a little olive oil on the potato and put it under the oven broiler. Turn it a few times until it is crisp.
- Serve up your baked potatoes with your favorite toppings!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
The amount of water will be the same regardless if you’re using a 3, 6 or 8 quart pot or how many potatoes you put into the pot.
You can fill the potatoes past the max fill line because they aren’t liquid it will be just fine.