Instant Pot Assassin’s Spaghetti looks like normal spaghetti but it is spaghetti with an attitude! It’s got a flavor kick that you’re going to love. The spaghetti is cooked in a simmering tomato liquid and it absorbs all of the moisture (no colander needed!).
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces spaghetti (broken in half)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl around. Add in half of the spaghetti in a criss cross pattern and let it sit in the oil for 2 minutes. Some of the pieces will get browned. Use a spoon to move the spaghetti to the side. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the water. Add in the rest of the spaghetti in a criss cross pattern. Dump the tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes into the pot. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Stir every minute for so for about 6-8 minutes until the spaghetti has soaked up the liquid and sauce. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Stir in parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot