A savory hot ham dip with caramelized onions, hot sauce, cream cheese and white cheddar. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or baguette slices for a perfect game day or party snack.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large yellow or Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4–1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package of cubed ham
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 green onions, diced
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let melt. Add in the onions and baking soda and toss. Cook until the onions start releasing moisture and turning yellow (only takes 2-3 minutes). Pour in the water (if using 3 quart pot add in ¼ cup water, if using 6 quart add in ½ cup water). Scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Turn off the sauté setting. Dump the cream cheese on top of the onions. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting to release pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the ham, white cheddar, monterey jack, paprika, hot sauce and green onions until melted and smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, baguette slices or raw vegetables. Keep warm in the Instant Pot on the keep warm setting.
I used my 3 Quart Instant Pot* and it was the perfect size for making and serving this dip.
If possible, grate the cheese off the block rather than using pre-shredded cheese which doesn’t melt as nicely and seems to clump up.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Instant Pot