A simple 2-ingredient recipe that will quickly become a family favorite. A good recipe to have up your sleeve on a busy day!
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 4–6 pieces of chicken (boneless thighs, bone-in thighs, bone-in drumsticks)
- Salt and pepper
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add apple juice and chicken into Instant Pot. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on a platter and cover with foil.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute (more) setting. Let the apple juice simmer and reduce down for about 10-15 minutes. The apple juice will get more concentrated.
- Add the chicken back into the pot and spoon sauce over the top. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add apple juice and chicken into slow cooker. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Remove the lid and cook on high for another 60-90 minutes. Turn the chicken over every 20 minutes or so for the last hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken and enjoy!
You can easily double this recipe. Double ingredients, keep the cooking time the same.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker