A hearty bowl of oatmeal with apple chunks, cinnamon and brown sugar. It’s cooked quickly in the Instant Pot with any type of oatmeal.
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked steel cut oats (see note for other types of oatmeal)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, cut into 5–6 pieces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add half of the apples, milk, water, oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, flax seed and salt to a pan that will fit inside your Instant Pot*.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot liner. Place the oatmeal pan on a trivet and lower the pan into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the pan from the Instant Pot. Stir the oatmeal. Serve the oatmeal with the rest of the apples and any other desired toppings.
For Rolled Oats: Use 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk and cook for 10 minutes pot in pot with natural pressure release.
For Quick Oats: Use 1 cup oatmeal, 1.5 cups water, 1.5 cups milk and cook for 1 minutes pot in pot with natural pressure release.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
For slow cooker: Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Add half of the apples, milk, water, oatmeal, sugar, butter, cinnamon, flax seed and salt into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Spoon oatmeal into bowls and add any toppings you like. Top with the rest of the apples. Recipe can be doubled in a 6 quart slow cooker, increase cooking time by 1 hour.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot