Shredded pork and chicken in a tomato bbq sauce with potato chunks, lima beans and corn. Super tasty and made easy with your Instant Pot.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound pork butt, shoulder, picnic roast or carnitas meat
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is okay)
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups frozen lima beans
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce or 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can drained corn (optional)
- Pour the broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cut off excess fat of the pork. Cut the pork into 1 ½ inch filets. Pat a paper towel over the pork to absorb any moisture. Then rub the ½ tsp kosher salt and pepper over the pork. Place the pork in the Instant Pot. Pour the liquid smoke over the meat.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When the time is up perform a quick release. Remove the lid.
- Dump in onions. Place chicken evenly over the top of the pork. Layer the potatoes, lima beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and salt over the top.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When the time is up wait for the pot to sit for 15 more minutes (L0:15) and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place the meat on a tray or large cutting board. Shred the meat and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the worcestershire, red pepper, tabasco, and corn (if desired).
- Taste test and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with cornbread.
This recipe can be gluten free. Use gluten free worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
If you have leftover pulled pork (or canned pulled pork) you can skip the first three steps. Add the pulled pork into the bottom of the pot with some broth and then layer the other ingredients as stated in step 4.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American