Marinated chicken breasts cooked in the Instant Pot. The chicken is a little sweet, a little spicy and lot good!
For the marinade:
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (you can also use boneless thighs)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Zest and juice from 2 oranges
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups 7UP soda (or sprite)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large ziplock bag add the chicken breasts and all the marinade ingredients. Let the chicken marinate overnight (or at least 8 hours) in the refrigerator. Try using chicken breasts that are all the same size or slice the chicken breasts so they are the same size.
- Discard marinade.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil. Add the chicken into the Instant Pot (you may have to work in batches). Sear on both sides for about 1-2 minutes. Move chicken out of Instant Pot.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of pot and scrape bottom so that nothing is sticking.
- Add a trivet into bottom of pot. Place the chicken in one layer on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 6 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a cutting board. Slice the chicken across the grain and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use an 8 quart or 3 quart pot.
You can grill this chicken instead of cooking in the Instant Pot. Grill chicken 12-15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot