Tender, moist bites of shredded chicken flavored with balsamic dressing. With literally only 2 ingredients and the fact that it’s made in the Instant Pot, this recipe couldn’t be easier to make. This balsamic chicken tastes great on salads, over rice or with a baked potato.
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup balsamic salad dressing
- Add chicken into the Instant Pot and top with the salad dressing.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for fresh thighs or breasts or 18 minutes for frozen.
- When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken and serve it drizzled with sauce.
Chicken: you can use frozen or fresh boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts for this recipe. You can also use bone-in chicken pieces with the skin removed.
Salad dressing: substitution ideas are zesty Italian salad dressing or any other salad dressing that is thin and not cream based. For example, raspberry vinaigrette, catalina, greek vinaigrette, asian sesame dressing, etc.
Pot in pot rice: You can cook rice at the same time using the pot in pot method. To see this demonstrated watch the video. For white rice, converted rice, basmati rice use 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. For jasmine rice use 1 cup water to 1 cup rice. Brown rice would not work in this recipe since the cooking time is too short.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this in your 8 quart or 3 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot