An easy Asian crockpot recipe for tender chicken thighs in a lemon, soy sauce, honey and garlic sauce.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 (about…if you need more, use more) cup flour
- 1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs OR bone-in chicken with skin removed
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets**
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and place in the slow cooker.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and tapioca in a small bowl. Pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3-5 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over brown rice.
*This amount used to be 1/3 cup. After trying it a few different ways I decided that was way too much lemon juice. I changed it to a scant 1 1/2 tablespoons. If you’re unsure on how much lemon juice you’d like to have start with the 1 1/2 tablespoons and if you think it needs more you can always add more at the end of the cooking time.
**I added some frozen broccoli florets straight to the slow cooker after the chicken was through cooking. But if I were to make this again I would serve the broccoli on the side. I didn’t necessarily love how the broccoli tasted with the lemon honey sauce.