Sweet potato casserole with a brown sugar pecan topping is a staple at every holiday dinner! Get all warm and cozy and dive into this delicious dish.
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the topping
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 heaping Tbsp of flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place a trivet into the Instant Pot. Place washed sweet potatoes into the pot. You make have to cut some in half to fit them all into the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Place the sweet potatoes into a bowl. Mash them until they are smooth.
- Stir the white sugar, salt, egg, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon into the sweet potatoes. Spread the mixture into a 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Make the topping by stirring the softened butter, flour, brown sugar and pecans together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the topping over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake the casserole for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Keep warm until ready to serve. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven