|Photo taken by Katie Dudley Photography|
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp chili powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1 lb Gold n’ Plump ground chicken (90/10)
1 piece of bread
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Salt and pepper
Toppings: cheese, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, sour cream
1. Place onion, chili powder, garlic, oregano and oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute until soft. Transfer to the slow cooker.
2. Add the tomato sauce and brown sugar into the slow cooker.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bread and milk together into a paste. Add in the ground chicken and the 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Mix together but do not over stir.
4. Add chicken to slow cooker and stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Add lime juice to taste.
7. Serve chicken filling wrapped up in tortillas with desired toppings.
Makes 4 tacos
This is another great summer meal with fresh yummy toppings. You could also use this meat for a taco salad. I loved that you didn’t have to brown the meat and it still worked. The ground chicken is lean enough that it doesn’t sit in a bunch of grease.
I love the Gold n’ Plump ground chicken. It is easy to cook, flavorful and very healthy. If you go to their site you can get a coupon for your next Gold n’ Plump purchase. If you haven’t tried ground chicken yet, do it. My family is loving it. I enjoy it much more than ground beef. You can substitute it in most any recipe that calls for ground beef or ground turkey.