An easy Instant Pot recipe of brown rice, chicken, corn, beans, cheese and guacamole salsa. Perfect food for lasting energy before you head out on a hike!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 cup Herdez Guacamole Salsa (mild)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add rice, water, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and chicken into Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. when time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the corn and beans (if using). Use two forks to break the chicken apart into pieces. Stir in the salsa.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and let it melt. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot