A simple gluten-free recipe for chocolate sandwich cookies.
- 1 (17 oz) package of Pillsbury Gluten Free Devil’s Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 1 container Pillsbury frosting (choose a flavor or your choice)
- Heat your oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl combine the cake mix, oil, melted butter, water and eggs.
- Mix until well combined. The dough may be a little crumbly.
- Form the dough into balls using 1 1/2 Tbsp of dough for each ball. This should make 20 cookies. Place dough onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for about 7-8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and drop the cookie sheet onto the countertop to flatten the cookies a bit. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- Let the cookies cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread frosting between two cooled chocolate cookies. Repeat with the rest. Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. These cookies freeze well, up to a month.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes