An easy recipe for a small batch of chicken noodle soup. This hits the spot when it’s cold outside or if you’re feeling ill.
- 1 grated carrot or sliced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 stalk of celery, diced or sliced
- 4 cups water + 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base (or you can use 4 cups chicken broth)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine the carrot, onion, basil, oregano and oil. Microwave for about 4-5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add in celery, water, bouillon, pepper, bay leaf and chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
- About a 1/2 hour before serving add in the uncooked egg noodles. When they are cooked through, remove the chicken and cut into small pieces or shred. Discard the bay leaf. Add plenty of salt and pepper to taste and add in additional seasonings, if needed.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-5 quart
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker