- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can low- fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Combine meat, 1 cup skim milk, rice, onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape into meatballs with an ice cream scoop. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker, in a single layer.
- Mix together soup and ½ cup milk. Pour over the top of the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3-5 hours. Serve with mushroom soup gravy.
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart