This crockpot cashew chicken is just as good as your favorite Chinese restaurant. It’s super easy and flavorful and it’s all made in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut each thigh into about 6 pieces (don’t use chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Green onions, for garnish
- Blot the pieces of chicken with a thick paper towel. You’ll want to get as much moisture off of the chicken as possible.
- Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to thoroughly coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, brown the chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you have a large enough pan that each piece of chicken can sit on the bottom of the skillet. After the chicken is browned transfer it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Gently stir in the cashews and let cook on low for about 10 more minutes. Serve chicken over hot cooked rice of noodles and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Method: Slow Cooker