Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup–a tomato based ham and dried bean soup that’s made in your slow cooker.
- 1 lb mixed dried beans
- Ham bone
- 1 1/2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, sliced or chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Place beans in large bowl. Cover with 6 cups water and soak overnight. Drain the liquid.
- Add beans, ham bone, ham onion, celery, carrots, parsley, water, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, ground mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours or 5-6 hours on HIGH. Add in the lemon juice, tomatoes and tomato juice. Remove bay leaf and ham bone before serving.
I used this 6 quart KitchenAid Slow Cooker for this recipe.
- Category: Soups
I really enjoyed this soup. It had good flavor and it’s pretty healthy for you, since it’s not a typical cream-based ham soup. This is perfect to make with your leftover ham from your holiday meals.