The easiest cheater recipe out there. Chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and an Italian dressing mix packet are combined to make a delicious chicken and rice dinner with hardly any work.
- 6 chicken breast halves (about 2–3 pounds of chicken)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (0.7 oz) package dry italian dressing mix
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- Place chicken, butter, dry italian dressing mix and cream of chicken soup in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-6 hours (the fuller your slow cooker is the longer it will take to cook. If you have a large slow cooker with hardly any chicken in it it will cook in 2 hours, if you have a crockpot filled to the brim it will take 6 hours).
- Remove the lid and stir. Break up the chicken with a fork or knife (or you can leave the chicken in large pieces, it’s up to you). Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir it into the slow cooker. Let the cream cheese melt for about 10 minutes and then stir again until it’s creamy. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
If you want to stretch this meal out further you can add an additional can of cream of chicken soup. If the sauce is too thick you can thin it out with a cup of chicken broth. You can use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. Just add 1 1/2 hours of cooking time.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker