Country style pork ribs are cooked low and slow in your slow cooker until fork tender and then served with a sweet and sour sauce. If you want, you can make baked potatoes at the same time and in the same pot to serve with your ribs.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2–4 lbs country style pork ribs (bone-in or boneless)
- Russet potatoes, optional
- Cornstarch + water
- Whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper together in your slow cooker.
- Nestle the ribs into the sauce.
- If you want baked potatoes then wrap your scrubbed russet potatoes in foil and place on the top of the ribs.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-10 hours (depending on your slow cooker and how hot it cooks).
- Remove the lid and remove the potatoes. Scoop the ribs on to a platter. Turn the slow cooker to high. Mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water in a small bowl. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the slow cooker. The sauce will thicken up in a about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the meat and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker