Slow Cooker Hawaiian Haystacks–a kid friendly easy recipe of chicken, gravy and rice and then topped with all sorts of fun garnishes.Print
A kid friendly easy recipe of chicken, gravy and rice and then topped with all sorts of fun garnishes.
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 9 1/2 oz chow mein noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- Combine soup, broth, and raw chicken chunks in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours. Stir in the sour cream.
- On individual plates layer all ingredients. Stack rice, noodles, chicken, and gravy. Add tomatoes, celery, green pepper, and onion. Top with pineapple and cheese and more chicken gravy. Top with almonds.
- Method: Slow Cooker
This is another great recipe adapted from my beloved family cookbook. This turned out wonderfully. I love all the different toppings that make it look so colorful and fun. Get creative and have fun with this dish. 4 stars.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Woodward Family Cookbook