Slow Cooker Hawaiian Haystacks–a kid friendly easy recipe of chicken, gravy and rice and then topped with all sorts of fun garnishes.
A kid friendly easy recipe of chicken, gravy and rice and then topped with all sorts of fun garnishes.
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 9 1/2 oz chow mein noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- Combine soup, broth, and raw chicken chunks in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours. Stir in the sour cream.
- On individual plates layer all ingredients. Stack rice, noodles, chicken, and gravy. Add tomatoes, celery, green pepper, and onion. Top with pineapple and cheese and more chicken gravy. Top with almonds.
This is another great recipe adapted from my beloved family cookbook. This turned out wonderfully. I love all the different toppings that make it look so colorful and fun. Get creative and have fun with this dish. 4 stars.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Woodward Family Cookbook