4-5 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking dry oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp peanut butter
ice cream or whipped cream
1. Place apple slices in slow cooker.
2. Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Cut in butter and peanut butter. Sprinkle over apples.
4. Cover cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours. (I cooked mine on high for 2 hours and it worked fine)
5. Serve warm or cold, plain or with ice cream or whipped cream.
I have had the worst cold the past few days and can’t breathe at all through my nose. I have had no sense of taste and really can’t tell what I’m eating. So I tasted this and really cannot say if it was good or gross. Greg says it was apple crisp consistency with a hint of peanut butter. He says that he would give it 3 stars. So I’m going to have to rely on his info for this post. I really wouldn’t think that of all five sense taste would be that important but it sooo is! I would say that about 75% of what I eat is for taste and 25% is for actual hunger. Life is so boring to me without food. I hope my cold goes away soon!!!