2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped apples
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs. Add vanilla.
2. Add apples. Mix well.
3. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg. Add dry ingredients and nuts to apple mixture. Stir well.
4. Pour batter into greased and floured bread or cake pan that fits into your slow cooker. Cover with pan’s lid or with greased tin foil. Place pan in slow cooker. Cover cooker.
5. Bake on high 3 1/2-4 hours. Let cake stand in pan for 5 minutes after removing from slow cooker.
6. Remove cake from pan, slice, and serve.
I made this cake a couple of hours before I had to leave somewhere. Greg was sick and staying home so I had him take it out. Apparently he was really excited to eat it because he took it out a little early. It still tasted delicious. I don’t know how often I will make something like this just because I am such a fan of chocolate but it was good to try something different. I also left out the nuts. I am not a big fan of nuts in breads, brownies, cookies etc. I think it ruins it.
I made this & it was good! I used a bread pan.
Janae Walker says
Hi, I am a friend of Jen (she is the one who referred me t your blog)….and I just had a quick question about this one. What kind of apples did you use? Oh, and I tried the enchilada casserole – it was delicious!