2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, sliced
14 1/2 oz beef broth
6 oz tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp caraway seed, if desired
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup cold water
3 tbsp flour
1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
1. Place beef and onion in slow cooker.
2. Mix broth, tomato paste, garlic, worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, carway seed and pepper; stir into beef mixture.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until beef is tender.
4. Mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 minutes.
5. Serve goulash over noodles (We served ours over rice).
Eh. It was okay. Nothing to brag about. I probably won’t make it again. Greg liked the fact that it had beef in it, of course. 2 stars.
Leave a Reply