|You’ll know it’s done when the edges are brown and start pulling away from the sides of the slow cooker.|
|Pancakes in the slow cooker???|
1 1/2 cups pre made pancake batter (I use homemade pancake batter but you can use a mix if you want)
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of your slow cooker. Place parchment paper in bottom of slow cooker and then spray parchment and sides of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. (I used my 3 quart round slow cooker).
2. Pour 1 cup of batter in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle the blueberries on top of batter.
3. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of batter.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour (or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
5. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a butter knife and turn slow cooker over to let pancake fall out onto a plate.
6. Whisk the lemon juice and milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl and drizzle over the top of the pancake.
7. Cut and serve.
Makes 4 servings
This morning as I was making pancakes for my kiddos for breakfast I looked over and saw my crockpot sitting on the counter (of course, where else would it be?). I decided to try to make “pancakes” in the slow cooker with my remaining batter. Or course they didn’t turn out really as pancakes but as one big ol’ pancake. It kind of reminded me of coffee cake or some other sweet breakfast/brunchy food. It wasn’t quite sweet enough on its own so I made the powdered sugar glaze to go over the top. This was okay, but next time I’ll slice up strawberries and mix in a little sugar and have blueberry and strawberry pancakes instead. I love the summer fruits! I just bought a big package of strawberries and blueberries so I’ll be trying this variation soon. 3 1/2 stars.
Chris m says
I loved this recipe!! I have to admit I had to read it twice before I realized that I needed to have the batter premade. For the liquid. May be add the word pre made before batter to avoid confusion? It’s such a great recipe !thank you very much ,
Thanks for letting me know! I will correct that. Glad you like this recipe 🙂
amy, it's not pancake mix. it's pancake batter. 🙂 the milk if for the glaze that goes on top.
i was really excited to find slow pancakes. but when i read the recipe is called for only 1 1/2 tsp milk to 1 1/2 cup of pancake mix….is the correct, it dont seem like enough liquid.
It says pancake batter. That means you follow recipe to make your pancake batter and then add the blueberrier. The 1 1/2 tsp liquid is for the lemon icing.
Have a good day and enjoy your pancake.
These are such creative pancakes! Love this recipe:)