Makes 6 servings
2 chicken breasts (about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs), cut into bite-size chunks
2 Tbsp homemade Italian dressing seasoning (recipe below)
1 cup chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained or 4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
3 Tbsp flour
8 oz cooked linguine (or fettuccine would work too)
Homemade Italian dressing seasoning recipe:
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 Tbsp parsley
2 Tbsp salt
Combine all ingredients in airtight container. Shake really well to combine. (recipe adapted from here)
1. Place chicken in bottom of 3 quart slow cooker. Top with mushrooms.
2. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp homemade Italian dressing seasoning.
3. Pour broth over the top.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours.
5. Remove lid and turn to HIGH.
6. Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and place in the slow cooker.
7. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and flour. Stir to make a paste. Add to the slow cooker. Stir until creamy.
8. Cook with the lid off on HIGH for about 30 minutes, until sauce is thickened. Add in pasta and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
I’m happy to have found the recipe for a Italian dressing seasoning mix. It tastes great and I had all the ingredients in my cupboard! Not to mention it is much much cheaper. Use it in recipes or to make dressing. This was a yummy meal. Quite rich. The chicken and sauce could have also easily been served over rice or potatoes. 3 1/2 stars.