- 1 (13.25 oz) box of pasta of your choice (macaroni or shells are a good choice, I really like to use whole grain noodles)
- 1 (16 oz) jar Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Cook the box of pasta according to the directions on the box until al dente. Drain the water from the pasta and then place the pasta in the bottom of the slow cooker or the 9×13 inch pan.
- Steam the cauliflower (many of the bags of frozen cauliflower are able to be steamed in the very bag they come in…in the microwave). Puree the cauliflower in a blender or food processor. Add the Ragu into the blender and pulse until mixed well. Add in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to season the cauliflower. Pour the sauce/cauliflower mixture over the top of the noodles. If you want to make sure each piece of pasta has sauce on it then stir the pasta to coat in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top evenly.
- Place the frozen broccoli florets evenly on top of the Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper the broccoli to taste.
- If baking in the oven, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top now. If cooking in the slow cooker, add them at the end.
- Bake for 30 minutes in an oven that has been heated to 350° Or cook in the slow cooker on HIGH for about 90 minutes to 2 hours. If cooking in the slow cooker, add the breadcrumbs after it’s cooked through and then place under the broiler of your oven for 3 minutes to brown up the breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.