Instant Pot broccoli, orzo, bacon, cheese and chicken casserole. A twist on a classic casserole and an easier and faster method of making it.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup orzo or converted rice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says hot add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the shallot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add the chicken into the pot evenly on the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the orzo/rice over the chicken evenly. Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne on top. Add the broccoli on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the bacon, cheese and cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot