This recipe was kind of made up as I went along but turned out delish. How could it not? Chocolate, check. Peanut butter, check. Marshmallows, check. Yumminess, double check. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips which are my personal fave but you could also use milk chocolate, if you prefer. The pretzels and peanuts gave it a salty flavor along with the sweet which was awesome. I would give this recipe 5 stars because I really would eat it each day of my life if I had an unlimited amount of calories that I could eat (if this was the case add Nutella, ice cream, shakes, peanut butter and avocados to my list as well).
Makes 10 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 2-3 quart
Cooking time: 30-90 minutes
1 (8 oz) bag Reese’s mini peanut butter cups (I used the already unwrapped kind)
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups crushed peanuts
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup peanuts
1 to 2 cups crunched up pretzels (you don’t want crumbs but not really large pieces either)
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Dump the peanut butter cups, marshmallows, chocolate chips, peanut butter and evaporated milk into the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30-90 minutes (depending how fast your slow cooker cooks), until chocolate is melted.
3. Stir until smooth. You may need to add in some additional milk to smooth things out and get the consistency that you like.
4. Add in the peanuts, pretzels (as much as you want to get desired consistency) and powdered sugar. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour into a greased square baking dish and pat down.
6. Chill, cut into squares and serve.
Linda L.Bates says
You used crushed AND whole peanuts. Isn’t 3 cups of peanuts alot for this recipe?
yes it is a lot of peanuts!
Pat Johnson says
Could you use all pretzels no peanuts?
[email protected] says
yes, you could probably use the microwave. Just make sure to stir and not burn it!
Would you get the same results using a microwave??
I just used a 3 quart slow cooker.
What size slow cooker did you use?